Project Risk Management
Per the PMI Processes
On demand basis | For public classes, consider our 3-day workshop
All projects are inherently risky, and zero risk is not an option. The successful project manager will therefore be the one who manages risk effectively by minimized threats and maximizing opportunities, while maintaining a clear focus on achievement of project and business objectives.
This course takes the participants through the essential concepts of project risk management, including extensive coverage of the processes that are required to effectively manage risks. The course stresses that risk management, like project management, has to be customized and adapted to the organization and the project environment.
The course uses global standards, primarily PMI® a Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge® and the Practice Standard for Risk Management.
This course is a foundation course for the PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) certification but it is not a certification preparation course.
- Understand risk management; including threats and opportunities
- Understand sensitivities, risk attitude, and risk tolerance
- Learn how to apply techniques for identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, and responding to risks
- Learn how to ensure effective management of project risks
Who should Attend
- All project personnel, team members, and their managers
- Project engineers, project leaders, project & program managers
- PMO members, managers, and directors
- General sections; introduction and initial exercises
- Key concepts
- Definitions and types of risks
- Challenges related to risk management
- Risk management standards
- PMBOK Guide and Risk Management standards
- Risk Management Planning
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk response planning
- Risk monitoring and controlling
Wrap up: action plans and teams presentations