Project Control Workshop
This course is a practical workshop that covers project control topics, including Earned Value Management. The course knowledge foundation is in line with international standards, including the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Association for Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACE), and other professional entities. In addition, SUKAD principals have extensive global expertise that we add into the course content.
Project Control and Earned Value Management are critical skills to monitor, assess, and analyze performance on the project and determine root causes of any significant variances in order for the team to establish the necessary and appropriate actions. Therefore, this course will covers the essentials of establishing a proper baseline (plan) and then move into the steps of project control, including project performance data, performance analysis, and forecasting. The workshop also covers the essentials of project change management and will touch on the specific differences between managing fixed price contracts vs. reimbursable cost contracts.
- Learn the components of project control (scope, cost, and schedule)
- Learn Earn Value Management and the importance of performance management
- Learn the essential of establishing proper project management plan and performance (moving) baselines
- Understand estimating and budgeting concepts including contingency and its use
- Understand the differences in perspective between Clients, project management consultants, engineering consultants, and contractors
- Learn about the differences between fixed price and cost plus contract and how to control each type
- Understand the need for root cause analysis to determine the necessary and proper actions
Who should Attend
All personnel, project team members, managers, cost and schedule engineers, contract engineers or specialists, and project managers.