Leading Practices in Managing Projects
(Highly interactive workshop; ideal to apply learning on small to medium size, low complexity projects)
One of the best workshops that SUKAD offers and many clients have chosen this practical program over certification training.
Project Management has proven its value across every industry and business sector. As a result, the interest in project management around the globe continues to expand rapidly. Some of the growth is directed toward certification although certification is not the best solution. Many practitioners want to learn/apply practical project managementwithout the hassle of certifications that are losing value.
Based on our vast experience in project management and professional observations of PM practices, we recognize that one source or professional association is not enough to manage projects. Therefore, the Essentials of Project Management is an ideal workshop for those who are anxious and interested in leaving the class knowing how to effectively manage a project from start to end.
The workshop allows the participants to gain excellent understanding of an outstanding methodological approach utilizing SUKAD project life cycle model; the Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™ (CAMMP™), which is aligned with global standards; such as PMI’s PMBOK® Guide, ISO 21500, IPMA Competence Baseline, and other sources.
The workshop provides a comprehensive coverage of selected real or realistic projects from idea to closure and the participants will learn and APPLY the methodology and the processes on such projects in class.
- Learn about project management, organizational project management, and project management maturity
- Understand the essentials for effectively managing a project
- Learn a simplified project methodology, including stages and stage gates
- Learn how to start the project right and continue on the right path toward achieving project strategic objectives
- Apply the learning to develop the PM and Project Detailed Plans
- Understand project implementation, control, handover, and closure
Who should Attend
- Professionals from all sectors and organizations who work on, or need to, lead projects’ tasks, manage projects, and business initiatives.
- Project team members, project managers, and senior managers
- PMO team members, managers, and directors
- PMP® and other certificates’ holders.
- General Modules
- Introduction and overview, value of project management, PM associations
- Project management versus organizational project management
- The SUKAD CAMMP™ Model
- First Dimension: The project life cycle model, overview and across the stages
- Overview and introduction to the second and third dimensions
- Discovery Phase
- Concept stage
- Feasibility stage and project authorization
- Development Phase
- Requirements stage
- Strategy stage and project management plan
- Definition stage
- Scope, Quality, HSE
- Resources, time and cost estimates
- The people aspects
- Risk and procurement management
- Delivery Phase (Overview)
- Implementation stage
- Operational readiness and initial operations stages
- Close stage; lessons learned, project success
- Class projects
- Summary of all exercises & final teams’ presentations
- Post class actions’ plans and path forward