Introduction to Project Management (Applied Methodology)
Project Management has proven its value across every industry and business sector. As a result, the interest in project management around the globe continues to expand rapidly. Some of the growth is directed toward certification although certification is not a necessity for many practitioners who only require basic and practical understanding. Many professionals, in all aspects of business, can greatly benefit from learning key concepts of project management in order to apply them effectively and immediately in managing a project from start to end.
The Introduction to Project Management is an ideal workshop for those who are anxious and interested in learning how to take the first steps in their project management practices to awaken their giant. The course allows the participants to gain excellent understanding of a simplified approach utilizing SUKAD project life span approach; the Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™ (CAM2P™), which is aligned with global standards; such as PMI®’s PMBOK® Guide.
The workshop provides a comprehensive coverage of selected real or realistic projects from idea to closure and the participants will learn and APPLY the methodology on such projects in class. Most of the time of the class will be spent on activities and exercises and not lectures using SUKAD developed templates and tools to emphasis the immediate application of the learning.
- Learn about a proven project management methodology
- Learn how to start the project right and continue on the right path toward achieving project strategic objectives
- Apply the learning to develop the PM & Detailed plans
- Understand project implementation, control, handover, and closure
Who should Attend
Personnel and professionals from all sectors and organizations who work and lead projects and basic business initiatives. Also project team members, aspiring new comers to project management, even newly assigned project managers.
- Introduction and overview
- Project management framework and definitions
- The SUKAD Way™ for managing projects
- The Seven Elements of Project Management Maturity™
- The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™
- Project pre-launch stage
- Idea statement and feasibility
- Project authorization
- Project launch stage
- Project expectations and basic requirements
- Project management planning
- Project definition stage
- Scope definition, time & cost estimates
- The people aspects of project management
- Quality, SHE, and risk management
- Project implementation, project control, and change management
- Project operation readiness, handover, initial operations, acceptance
- Project close stage, lessons learned, close out, measurement of success
- Workshop closure
- Participants action plans
- Path forward and class feedback