Essentials of Project Management
This workshop integrates the process groups with a project life cycle
Project Management has proven its value across every industry and business sector. As a result, the interest in project management around the globe continues to expand rapidly. Some of the growth is for certification, although certification is not a necessity for many practitioners, whose primary objective is to learn and apply practical project management.
Based on our vast experience in project management and observations of PM practices in organizations, we recognize that the PMBOK® Guide is not enough to manage projects, although it is a good guide and globally recognized. The PMBOK® Guide advocates the need for a methodology to supplement its processes. Realizing the need, SUKAD has developed, and continue to enhance, an approach to supplement the PMBOK® Guide, The Customizable, and Adaptable, Methodology for Managing Projects™ (CAM2P™).
Therefore, the Essentials of Project Management integrates the PMBOK® Guide processes and functions with CAM2P™ project life span approach to provide the practitioners an excellent way to manage projects, The SUKAD Way™.
The workshop allows the participants to gain excellent understanding of project management. It provides a comprehensive coverage of PMBOK® and CAM2P™. In addition, it allows the participants to work on selected real or realistic projects from idea to closure; this way the participants will immediately APPLY what they learn. Further, with this workshop, SUKAD will provide you with templates, instructions, online application, and other resources to enable you to continue applying what you learned and contribute to enhancing yours and you organization’s performance.
- Learn about project management, organizational project management, and project management maturity
- Understand the essentials for effectively managing a project
- Learn a simplified project methodology, including stages and stage gates
- Learn how to start the project right and continue on the right path toward achieving project strategic objectives
- Learn how to develop the project management and project detailed plans
- Understand project implementation, control, handover, and closure
- Learn the strategic aspects of project management and how to apply them
Who should Attend
- Professionals from all sectors and organizations who work on, or need to, lead projects’ tasks, manage projects, and business initiatives.
- Project team members, project managers, and senior managers
- PMO team members, managers, and directors
- PMP® and other certificates’ holders.
1.Introduction and overview
2.Project management key concepts and the project life span model
3.The PMBOK® Guide, life span, knowledge areas, and process groups
4.PMBOK® Guide planning processes
5.PMBOK® Guide executing and controlling processes
6.Project management methodology, the CAM2P™ Model
7.Project concept phase | project pre-launch stage
8.Project development phase | Project launch stage
9.Project development phase | Project definition stage
10.Managing the project across the project life span
11.Project delivery phase | Project implementation stage
12.Project delivery phase | Project operation readiness stage
- Project delivery phase | Project close stage
14.Class projects and teams’ presentations
15.Wrap up (including SUKAD tools and path forward)